Orangeburg, New York
Situated on 23 acres in Rockland County, 22 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, fifteenfortyseven’s New York data center in Orangeburg offers 100,000 square feet of fully customizable data center and colocation space, with 10,000 square feet currently built out in both 2N and N+1 configurations.
The facility has 65,000 square feet of expansion space, and offers both dedicated and shared Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery office space.
- Fenced facilities with intrusion alarms
- CCTV security cameras
- Biometric, keycard, and pin code access
- Pre-action fire detection and suppression systems
- 15-minute emergency support response time
- HIPPA and SSAE 16 Type II Audited
Why a data center or colocation in Orangeburg, New York?
Those shopping for colocation or cloud hosting within the New York area would be wise to consider upstate New York over New York City.
Downsides of hosting within the boundaries of New York City
- Old facilities and equipment: Data centers within New York City are 15-years-old on average. When cooling and support equipment are old, workloads are at risk. Older data centers may be less efficient, costing operators monthly as they consume greater amounts of energy.
- High power costs: commercial energy in NYC is close to 14 cents per kWh.
- Lack of data center sales tax and investment incentives.
Why you should host with fifteenfortyseven in Orangeburg, NY
- fifteenfortyseven has worked with Rockland County to secure sales tax exemptions and other incentives for new data center developments. The normal sales tax rate of 8.375% in Rockland County does not apply, saving you over $80,000 on $1 million purchase of new colocated data center equipment.
- Unlike much of Manhattan, Orangeburg is situated miles away from flood zones. During Hurricane Sandy, the facility received no damage and did not lose power.
- Lowest cost power in region, at just $0.10/kWh.
- A newly constructed data center development with Powered Shell strategy, designed for organizations wanting control, input on infrastructure, and a faster path to delivery.
- Proximity to the tri-state area, and focus on serving clients with high-performance infrastructure requirements.
Select a service below to find out how 1547 can create your customized data center or colocation solution today.
Data Sheet Download
* These fields are required.